Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Quote from the Fathers

Sing to the Lord a new song

My dear brothers and sisters, sons and daughters, fruit of the true faith and holy seed of heaven, all you who have been born again in Christ and whose life is from above, listen to me; or rather, listen to the Holy Spirit saying through me: Sing to the Lord a new song. Look, you tell me, I am singing. Yes indeed, you are singing; you are singing clearly, I can hear you. But make sure that your life does not contradict your words. Sing with your voices, your hearts, your lips, and your lives: Sing to the Lord a new song.

Now it is your unquestioned desire to sing of him whom you love, but you ask me how to sing his praises. You have heard the words: Sing to the Lord a new song, and you wish to know what praises to sing. The answer is: His praise is in the assembly of the saints; it is in the singers themselves. If you desire to praise him, then love what you express. Live good lives, and you yourselves will be his praise. -Agustine of Hippo

1 comment:

Dawn Marie said...

I just stumbled on your blog. I enjoyed reading it. God bless you. Mine is http://thejourney-as-i-see-it.blogspot.com/