Thursday, June 08, 2006

A break from blogging


Lately I have been attempting to get a picture of what classical education looks like (which is what we are planning to do with our boys when they reach the school age). Well, let's just say I have my work cut out for me.
However, this has made me desire to educate myself more fully, therefore I will be setting off on a reading journey in an attempt to catch up on different subjects and books that I feel I don't know enough about. After searching online for various reading lists and cultural literacy charts, I have compiled a list of 23 subjects which I hope to cover before the years end.
So...I will be using my blogging time to read read read. Therefore posts will be a little more sporadic. If there is anyone who would like to be updated when I post something new, just e-mail me.
Let my reading journey begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am so unaccustomed to the way blogs work (just found myself at yours by googling something) that I don't even know how to contact you! I am a stay-at-home wife and mother of a baby and one on the way. Recently moved from a small town to big San Francisco and am all-the-more pleased to encounter kindred spirits here and there. I too have enjoyed those Russian authors, share your classical homeschooling ambitions, and admire your sweet care for your children. In particular, I would love to learn more about the resources you are using/plans you are making as you prepare (or have already begun?) to homeschool with classical methods. My daughter is only 1 and a half, but I am eager to know where we are headed, to research myself, as we are excitedly planning on homeschooling. If you have a moment, my email address is mrandmrs@gmail.comand name is Marybeth Taylor.

Thanks, and the Lord bless your endearing life!