Monday, December 30, 2013

A note to my youngest son

My dear smallest child,

In your life there will be things to fight for...and against. Causes worth your stand and circumstances worth battle. But my small soldier, always remember this: the greatest war you will ever fight will be the one within yourself. Will you choose mercy or vengeance, love or bitterness, courage or fear? Truth or lies?

My prayer for you, my baby, is that you would be strong...within. A soldier who fights for the good, servant to those around you, merciful to all and always seeking the Peace which can reach to your soul.


Miles Yoder (aka Milo)
(Miles. Latin for soldier; Irish for servant; possible German for peaceful/mild, Slavic for merciful)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Milo, you are being born into one of the best families I know. Your Mommy is beautiful and kind, your Daddy is amazing, and your brothers and sister...you will be in awe at their awesomeness. You, little guy, are one blessed child to have such an incredible family. And I haven't even begun to talk about your aunties, uncles, cousins, and grandparents!

Isatruc said...

Hi!

I found your blog through the post of the car bed and then never stopped reading.

I didn't get all your story (for example: how many kids you adopted and and how many are yours), but something in the way you talk about your kids and what you learn from them is very inspirant, thank you!

If you happen to read my comment, I would love to hear from you how you did "mix" your kids to other kids, because adopting is one of our dreams too, and I wonder how to make all of this work! :)