Wednesday, May 21, 2008

New Soul

From the womb came this young soul into changes too numerous to count. His eyes, skin, hands, and body all must make the adjustment to things such as gravity, cold, hunger, etc. I have been pondering these things as I watch my littlest one grow. The infant stage is so short and is seeming to be passing already. The stoic expressions before smiles are learned, the reactions against the insecurity of lying naked on the floor, the involuntary movements...all so precious and all incomparable to any other time. So much to adjust to, I have to think that God gives grace even to these young souls. Grace in a mother's voice or in her breast. Grace in the swaddling blanket or in cradling arms. God give grace to this young soul. We love you Oliver.

Here is a "video scrapbook" of his first two months.


8 comments:

Sheri said...

you take the best pictures, Jodi.
I'm in love....

Unknown said...

When I started the video, Isaac heard the music and came running. He crawled into my lap, boucning back and forth in rhythm, pointed and Oliver and said "Bay Bay!" Beautiful pictures Jodi! Oliver is a doll!
*Ana Lyman

Unknown said...

Isn't that a great song?! My kids always come running when I put it on. I wish I could see Isaac soon. Has his first birthday passed? He looks like a joy!

Unknown said...

Isaac just turned 1, and he's such a blessing! Amazing how fast time flies. Email me your address, and I'll add you onto our blog! Isaac's first birthday is "documented" :)
lyman.ana@gmail.com

*Ana

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

Priceless. I need a program so I can do this. The music is perfect Jodi. The rocking back and forth at the beginning to the beat made me laugh. :)

Coraly said...

That was wonderful... my favorite pic is the one with all 3 boys cuddle together!!! Priceless.

Mainely Me said...

Oh, the tears are flowing:)! Your comments at the beginning brought back thoughts I had when I was holding Charis and thinking how short this precious time is. Have you read any of Steven Lawhead's books, where he talks about the mystical "time between times"? He mentions dusk and dawn. It caught my fancy and I've thought about it often; so magical. And the newborn time is one of those "times", it really is. Magical. Mystical. Of God. Mom

Unknown said...

Oliver looks great. Congrats again! Jake looks so much like Josh!