Monday, November 08, 2010

Thinking on...why I educate my kids

I do not educate my children at home so that they might...

get a great job
become the future world leaders
win spelling bees
amaze people with their educational grasp
become rich
become wise
become the smart ones of the culture
go to Yale
or Princeton
or Harvard

Rather...the all encompassing goal of educating my kids is

to glorify God with the knowledge they have in whatever path they choose.

This is what I'm thinking on lately. Perhaps I will write more later. Perhaps not. 

7 comments:

The Singlers said...

Amen and amen.

Kerith said...

Yep! :) :) :)

Unknown said...

love love love it!!!!!!!!

Sheri said...

amen - I'm a very blessed grandmother!

Mainely Me said...

Yes.

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

Similar thoughts to mine.

Well said.

Unknown said...

I am sure these are similar to every Christian educator. The difficult part comes (including myself) in overcoming pride and false expectations of life.